Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My prayer strategy #2 for the Belt of Truth from the "Armor of God" study:

Father, I need a strong core of truth.  I need stability and to not be injured in this battle nor cave to pressure.

Help me Father according to Ephesians 6:13-14 "therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth...."

Help me to stand firm when difficult times come.  Help me to resist caving into my emotions and fears, to be stable in your Word, so I don't fall.

Father, I don't want to be deceived by my emotions, by shades of reality.  I want to know your Word which is the true reality; to know it at my core; know that truth is your opinion; to live like your Word is the truth.

I want your truth, your word to be bound on my hands and forehead.

Like Moses, I want to know your ways not just what you can do or who you are.

Father God, I want to honor you, give thanks to you and have an erect posture that gets stronger each day through prayer and the Word.

Help me to not allow offenses to fester, to forgive quickly.

I will remember Ephesians 4:21 that the "truth is in Jesus". I will remember Psalm 119:160 that "the sum of your word is truth".

I want to advance forward - to "be before I do".

Expose things in me to the light like Ephesians 5:13 says "all things become visible when exposed to the light" and Ephesians 5:8 "for once I was full of darkness, but now I have light from the Lord".

So, Sharon, live as a person of light.  Freedom will come to me when I discover the truth in Christ and in His Word.

Help me walk in your truth, abide in your truth.  Order my steps Lord.  I want to be transparent, not hiding anything from you.

Your Word never changes!

I want to be guided with truth!

Protected by truth!

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment