Friday, March 31, 2017

My Prayer Strategy #3 - Breastplate of Righteousness

Sharing with you my prayer strategy for the "Breastplate of Righteousness" from the Armor of God study the Girlfriend's of Faith did a few years back.

I encourage you again to write out prayer strategies for areas of your life: marriage, children (individually), work, neighbors, health etc.  It's a great way to have focus in prayer.  Buy a spiral notebook and begin to write them out today.

Today, Father, I put on righteousness according to Ephesians 6:14b "...and having put on the breastplate of righteousness."

The price of my breastplate was covered at the cross - imputed righteousnesss.  I am righteous because of you Father.

I don't need to purchase my own protection, my own righteousness. It was freely given to me according to Ephesians 5:2b: "...and gave Himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

I want to be an imitator of you O God "Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children and walk in love, as Christ loved us..." Ephesians 5:1-2a.

I want to walk in love just as you loved me and gave yourself up for me.  I'm no longer a slave to my flesh, to sin, to unrighteousness.

Thank you for imputed righteousness.  Help guard my heart, affirm truth and align myself to you.  Help me to live out of my spiritual heart, so I can keep truth and align myself to right-side-up living.

Right living will deflect the enemy's darts.  Help me O God to let go of perfectionism - trying to be good on my own and in my own strength.  Scripture says "there is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10.

I'm asking you today Father to help me not try and seek my own righteousness but to understand yours.  I subject myself today to your righteousness that protects my heart.

I let go of striving to do everything perfect, not to chase perfectionism, not to compare myself, but to chase you O God.

I need your help to put off and put on.  I need the Holy Spirit to change me, sanctify me and be my helper to practice right-side-up living.  

I will cooperate with the Holy Spirit to make the necessary changes and to cut and prune me.

I will focus on cultivating health and wellness in Christ.

  • I am righteous
  • I am a child of God
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment